Free energy efficient appliances for let properties

Geezah

This may have been mentioned before but worth a bump.

I'm having my shonky old appliances replaced with nice Bosch AAA+ white goods for diddly.

Total of £500 allowable on each prop, max of 15 props allowed.......what's not to like?

Call energy savings trust on 0800 512 012.......You know it makes sense!

• 4 weeks later...
Apologies, I didn't check to see whether this deal included Englandshire.
Hi all. I can confirm that this deal or similar does indeed include englandshire, and is a government scheme implemented by the main power companies at their cost to comply with their green compliance targets. If your tenant is in receipt of benefits (pension credit, child tax credit working tax credit, income support etc) then they are eligible for a replacement shiny new boiler, and the landlord pays nothing. As geezah says, What's not to like!!! In addition, because the installer has to comply with part L building regs, they also have to make sure the property complies when they leave, meaning all relevant radiators have to have working TRV's fitted and compliant controls are in place e.g time clock/room stat. Also provided free, if what's previously installed isn't compliant (or existing). All the landlord has to do is sign a landlord consent form to say he is happy for the tenant to receive a new boiler (hard choice!). The tenant has to show proof of eligibility - DSS paperwork. And the installer does the rest. It's ALL free for the landlord and tenant. I know this because I am a private landlord with a new boiler in my property ( :-) ), and I am a surveyor for a south east company who supplies and fits these boilers. We cover an area including east London, and the Harlow, Brentwood and Chelmsford areas of Essex. Only companies Trained by and registered to the scheme can be used. If anyone wants more details - or a new boiler, just pm me if that's allowed, or Post back and if possible or allowed I will reply my email. Too good to be true? This one is!

Too good to be true? This one is!

No.....not really.....thats not what I want MY taxes spent on

So along with everything else we pay for....hardworking taxpayers of the UK also pay to:

* improve the living conditions of the poor & the unemployed......and .

* improve/ add value to rented property at no expense to the landlord.

I'd say that seem totally ridiculous.

But we live in a world where you and the firm you work for are happy to grab anything for free at others expense because you have no scruples and the Gov't says you can do it.

No.....not really.....thats not what I want MY taxes spent on

So along with everything else we pay for....hardworking taxpayers of the UK also pay to:

* improve the living conditions of the poor & the unemployed......and .

* improve/ add value to rented property at no expense to the landlord.

I'd say that seem totally ridiculous.

But we live in a world where you and the firm you work for are happy to grab anything for free at others expense because you have no scruples and the Gov't says you can do it.

If this is anything like its predecessor, the Warmfront scheme addressed to tenants, beware!

On that scheme the Landlord had almost no say in specifications.

When explained (to tenant) that a proposed boiler flue location would need Planning Permission for listed building in conservation area the contractors (from miles up country) lost interest.

My late Mother in Law had central heating installed in her rented property under the Warm Front scheme and I have to say on inspection the work carried out was to a very high standard BUT the boiler installed was a very poor quality and make and it only lasted 4 years and the none to happy landlord had to spend around £300 to have it repaired and then finally condemned 6 months later and a better quality boiler installed.

I would want to know what boiler was being installed and I would offer to make up the difference for a quality one.

Archived