Visa's

Richlist

Nearest I have come to this is insisting on having a copy of the passport of the Asian wife of a couple who rented from me a while back.

I did this for ID purposes but the let went badly wrong and I discovered at the end the person purporting to be the wife was a different woman in looks and body shape to the one I had the copy passport for!

Yes I would ask for a work visa this time around - but I am trying not to let to 'others' at present.

As a landlord, if the let goes wrong and money is owed and no work visa is present you have no hope in getting monies paid and you are at best aiding and abetting an illegal in working in the UK - not that this is a crime from a LL point of view at present.

As a landlord, if the let goes wrong and money is owed and no work visa is present you have no hope in getting monies paid and you are at best aiding and abetting an illegal in working in the UK - not that this is a crime from a LL point of view at present.

I tend to let mainly to professionals ie engineers, teachers, doctors etc. But, a situation arose recently concerning visa's/ work permits and I now insist on seeing the document or proof that an application has been submitted/ is being processed.

I'm more concerned with taking on a tenant who then fails to start a job/ looses a job/ leaves the tenancy prematurely due to visa discrepancies.

Archived