S21 Shelf Life

Carryon Regardless

Today I've been to an LA intending for them to provide the 'find only' service. It's no surprise that we had quite a discussion.

Regarding repossession he still serves a S21 at start of tenancy, I expressed my reasons for no longer doing so but understand the advantage of this way. He states that a S21 has a shelf life of 2 years. Whilst I can understand why this would be reasonable, as in if you haven't progressed with a S21 in 2 years then you never really intended to or the situation has remedied itself, I haven't ever seen this written or expressed before.

Any thoughts ?

He also stated that S8 Clause 11 'persistent failure to pay rent on time' is non discretionary, so he isn't spot on with all.

I have heard of a s21 being used 5 years for an eviction after being served as they dont have a shelf life.

It is agents like that who give the industry a bad name. It makes you wonder what else they dont know also.

I thought you would confirm what was my understanding, thanks Grampa.

I'm hoping his business can find me a T, as advertising in the local rag for a couple of months has brought me no viewings at all.

Archived