tennants wanting multy fuel burner

dave1234

hi all new member here,ive very good tennants ,they have been the best ,that landlords dreem of lol

they have asked if they can have a castiron multy fuel burner fitted ,its a town terrast house with 2 chinmy breasts open.

im happy to go ahead with this request but would like to know the laws /reg s as a landlord .

can anyone help.

thanks david

There are no additional laws /regs for multi fuel burners specifically for lanndlords......just the ones that apply to everyone.

1. Must be installed by HETAS registered installer and certificate issued.

2. Chimney needs to be swept annually and certificate issued (otherwise buildings insurance will not pay out for claim).

3. Need to consider access for cleaning, fuel storage and waste disposal.

4. Need to consider who will be responsible for maintenance and spare parts costs.

Having just installed one of these you can look forward to a bill of £1500-£2000 depending on what fire you choose.

What Richlist has said in his reply. All conditions of installation and post installation must be adhered to.

Personally speaking it is something I would not consider doing for any tenant of mine.

Dave - don't do as tenants request in this situation. Apart from what has been posted by Mel and RL keeping fuel and heating straightforward and simple is the best way in letting.

Unless your let is in the wilds of no where I would just stick with good old gas and electric. These burners are not mess or smell free.

Mortitia

Archived