References

burremr

Hi, question re the level of detail one would expect from a letting agent, fully mangeing. Previous landlord reference appears on LA headed paper and although criteria is met (duration, prompt payment, no damage and would re let to tenants) only the ex landlords name and signature appears on this typed document. An earlier employment reference (from an unsuccesfull apllicant) was on the same basis, LA headed paper with just tick boxes checked. As a naturally suspeicius person should I be demanding to see the correspondence behind these corp letting documents or let the agent get on with it?

Regards

dry.gif

In my opinion you shouldn't JUST be relying on your lettings agent to provide references.

In the first instance you should be taking rent guarantee insurance. The insurers will then set the reference criteria in order for the applicannt to qualify for insurance cover.

Hi Burremr,

I launched www.tenantshistory.co.uk over a year ago, the UK's first "rate a tenant" service.

This website is a U.K database enabling landlords and letting agents the opportunity to a tenants current and previous address history, dates of tenancies and a rating from previous landlords/agents. Also you can have access to contact the current or previous landlord/agent, should you wish to get a finer reference. Our service is totally FREE and will not cost you a penny.

Tenants History is a unique service designed to safeguard landlords by highlighting the good tenants and enabling others to view a true representation of a tenants residential history.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me (details in the contact tab).

Kindest regards,

Steven Hanbury

Hi, question re the level of detail one would expect from a letting agent, fully mangeing. Previous landlord reference appears on LA headed paper and although criteria is met (duration, prompt payment, no damage and would re let to tenants) only the ex landlords name and signature appears on this typed document. An earlier employment reference (from an unsuccesfull apllicant) was on the same basis, LA headed paper with just tick boxes checked. As a naturally suspeicius person should I be demanding to see the correspondence behind these corp letting documents or let the agent get on with it?

Regards

dry.gif

Archived