V Quick Question on renewing tenancy

fredthelandlord

Hi all, I need to renew my AST for my tenant as I am re-mortgaging the property and mortgage company wants proof of up to date AST. They have been in there for just over a year. On the previous address of the tenant section on my AST do I use their now current address before signing the new ASR or their old address before they moved in? Or does it not really matter? Thankyou if anyone can assist. :)

My thoughts on this is that the mortgage company want a signed and sealed AST in case you default on mortgage payments and they need to take the property back through the Courts and they have to evict the tenant at some time.

Previous tenant addresses are of no concern to your mortgage provider I would suggest and if your tenant has been in occupation and paying rent on time with no other problems I would think this would be satisfactory proof.

The original AST is the current tenancy contract as it has defaulted to a STP (Statutory Periodic Tenancy). From the lenders point of view (and yours) this is an advantage for prepossessing anyway as the fixed term has been served.

With other evidence such as rent book, rental statement, bank account showing continuing rental payments the requirement to show current tenancy and status should be met.

Archived