New landlord!

Edinburghmonkey

Hi all I'm a new landlord in Scotland and have an interested potential tenant. I have his NI number and his partners and details of his current landlord. Is it worth me using a site who will carry out credit check etc for them or can i do this myself? Or should I just check out his employer (conveniently he works for his brother!) and landlord? Any advice would be gratefully accepted thanks.

If you follow the recommended route of taking out rent guarantee insurance they will credit check the tenant for you.

Just talk to your lettings agent.....they will arrange it for you or you can get help from any of the official lettings organisations.

I would be sceptical.

If you have a guarantor and they have equity then you have 'some' security, in theory.

A £4 Land registry check on a home owning G'tor can reveal a few things. I assume Scotland use the Land Registry ??

1339180484' post=20108]

If you follow the recommended route of taking out rent guarantee insurance they will credit check the tenant for you.

Just talk to your lettings agent.....they will arrange it for you or you can get help from any of the official lettings organisations.

Thank you for your response . I have not used a letting agent ! However I note there are companies who will offer rent guarantee insurance and credit check the tenant they say. I have been reading posts on this site and am thinking I may have been better avoiding this !!!!!

Your advice is appreciated thanks.

Archived