Landlord supply meter installation

rowheat

The property in question is not ours but we have been left with dealing with the problems since a death in the family. I tried ringing the electricity company but got the complete runaround and ended up being put through to a goverment number. - I have also trying googling it as a search and it always comes back to talking about the tenants. Never mind I will spend Monday ringing around again. I thought that as this forum was for landlords I might get some constructive advice without the 'rolleyes'

The electricity companies are obviously your first point of contact.....if you don't succeed the first time then do try again.

You want the department that deals with installations of new equipment...... Builders & Property Developers arrange new installations all the time.

Whats the story here ? Why do you need a new meter for the communal area ? If its freeholder/ managing agent responsibility you won't be able to do it.

More info from you will result in a more detailed response

Do you know who manages your communal area? It may be an owner group, separate management company, or combination of both.

If your communal area already has electricity supplied, your management would know supplier from invoices.

As previous - supplier should be able to answer your question.

Supply side of meters is (in my area) responsibility of Central Networks. You could try them, but you would probably need your communal supplier account details for identification.

Guest caravanj

The problem is that your question's a bit vague:

1: is there an exisiting separate metered supply for the communal areas, fire alarm etc.

2: if not then who pays for these areas?

3: if so then why do you want a new meter?

In either case you have to contact the electricity distributor for your area, not the firm from whom you want to buy the electricity.

If scenario 2 is the case then, according to the existing electrical wiring, you could be looking at the potential for a lot of work.

Archived