Housing Benifit Pay

richboypoor

Hi

I have 2 of my 4 rooms let to working people but am finding it hard to get the last 2.

Iv had 3 requests by people on benefit.

Iv always been wary of this but i need the rooms rented asap.

Iv read that if the tenent agrees and they have certain circumstances i can get the benefit paid direct to me. Is this true, will it cost me and is it foolproof and straight foward?

Iv also read that if they are 8 weeks late then the council have to pay me, is this true and do they actually do it.

Any Advise

Thanks

Any payment s of HB direct to LL can be clawed back if later found to be an overpayment / incorrect claim.

When 8 weeks in arrears you can request direct payment and will likely get it. I've heard f sories of T's diverting payments back to them, but you should be informed.

There's not much fool proof or reliable about HB.

Expect your heating bills to rise.

Hi and thanks.

Iv just read on another forum that if the T tells the council that i will only give them tenancy if they pay me direct then they will.

Ill need this all in writing from them.

The only problem is the T only gets £55 pw and the room is £75 so im gonna have to rely on him to give that to me in cash at the end of the month..

I am bracing myself for the bills.

R

I wouldn't touch HB with a bargepole......In fact I wouldn't touch HB with someones elses bargepole.

HB is a recipe for disaster.

No rent guarantee, no guarantor, no confidence, higher bills, more risks......are there actually any benefits ? :rolleyes:

Archived