Property Job - change worthwhile?

joe3k

Guys

I'd like to seriously get into investing in property (for the purpose of cash-flow and creating a passive income for my later years).

As such might it be a good idea to get a job in some sort of property capacity and thereby earn whilst learning as much as I can i.e. get paid to learn about it and perhaps then do it as a sideline to begin with? Rather than figuring it all out on my own time.

If so what jobs would suit best. For example Estate Agent etc... What are your thoughts on this idea?

Thanks

I'd like to seriously get into investing in property (for the purpose of cash-flow and creating a passive income for my later years).

WHAT ?

You really need to do your homework......better still find something else to occupy your time as you are clearly not at all well informed.

'for the purposes of cash-flow' ?....... cashflow is vanity..... PROFIT is sanity. You don't want to concentrate on cashflow that doesn't pay the bills.

'and create a passive income.....' ? PASSIVE ? Property is anything but passive.

If so what jobs would suit best. For example Estate Agent etc... What are your thoughts on this idea?

The world is full of inexperienced, unqualified agents who have little knowledge and prey on people who assume they will look after them.

With the property & jobs market in a downturn I doubt anyone will have vacancies for a trainee anything at the moment.

There are hundreds of books available for self help.

Leave the intelligent chap alone.

Invest in a few properties, learn as you go, rake in the dosh, watch the values rise nicely. Methinks the chap has it sussed and I would like to help him along.

Now it just so happens that I know of a few properties that will be a super future for you, can't go wrong. And as long as I'm in this business my help will be readily available.

Although buy these suggested properties and my help may well be from a nice beach in Malaysia (not saying which beach cos a rush from the West would spoil it).

Go on, I know it makes sense.

Forget Malaysia COR - I prefer Bintan in the South China Sea myself - 30 mins by ferry to Singapore to spin a few deals - top place.

Joe - do you already have cash or credit to buy or are you just starting out with an idea? Are you worth employing one has to ask? You can learn loads from the various landlord forums but there is no substitute for doing the job yourself.

Good luck,

Mortitia

Noted Mortitia, wouldn't you still class that as Malaysia ? I'm sure you know better so if you say Indonesia I believe.

Anyway I'm sure we have the same opinion of why.biggrin.gif

We have big desire to explore more of the islands up the east coast, Bintan is now on the list for research. wink.gif Maybe we'll see you there, if you don't see us first.

Archived