Restrictive Rental Contracts

Richlist

Hi all,

I don't mind which energy supplier my tenants use as long as they tell me on exit which one(s) it was. The whole business of suppliers is so confusing now I think it should be up to the tenants to choose who they want to pay THEIR money to and I mention this at viewings to show I am a reasonable person to deal with.

I know some landlords use the Utilities Wharehouse scheme which indicates they allegedly make money on the tenants' bills. I find that sick and am constantly texted by U. Warehouse opportunists (usually couples called something like Ted and Janice) who have seen my newspaper ads and want to add me and my tenants to be part of their coterie. As if!

Other opinions welcome.

Mortitia

Hi all,

I don't mind which energy supplier my tenants use as long as they tell me on exit which one(s) it was. The whole business of suppliers is so confusing now I think it should be up to the tenants to choose who they want to pay THEIR money to and I mention this at viewings to show I am a reasonable person to deal with.

I know some landlords use the Utilities Wharehouse scheme which indicates they allegedly make money on the tenants' bills. I find that sick and am constantly texted by U. Warehouse opportunists (usually couples called something like Ted and Janice) who have seen my newspaper ads and want to add me and my tenants to be part of their coterie. As if!

Other opinions welcome.

Mortitia

My tenants can use whoever they want and the same as Mortitia as long as I know who they are using on exit and I have a meter reading.

If you have meter serial number then ANY utility company will be able to tell you who is or was the provider.

Mel.

Archived