tax question

salavan

hi folks i know it may not be relivent to this site but hope there somone who can advise me

i just had a new heating system installed in my rented property, and i just wondered if the cost of the instalation is tax deductable, either as an expence or as a capital allowance

thanks

hi folks i know it may not be relevent to this site but hope there someone who can advise me

i just had a new heating system installed in my rented property, and i just wondered if the cost of the installation is tax deductable, either as an expense or as a capital allowance

thanks

Short answer is "Yes"........to both questions......but obviously you can only claim the once!

Mel.

1. If the property has been purchased to let and the new system was installed before the property was available to let then its a capital expense.

2. If the property is already part of your rental business and has an up graded system fitted its a capital expense.

3. If the property is already part of your rental business and a like for like replacement has been fitted then its a revenue expense.

Archived