Eviction process.

ljstof4

Hi Folks ,

Newbie here and I could do with some help as I have never needed to go through the courts before !

I have a LHA tenant who I have served notice on - Section 21B ending 31st May . The tenant has been fine but I live with my family in rented and our landlady is selling the property so we need to move into our rented property.

The local housing association has advised the tenant to sit tight until the court proceedings have gone through and when it gets as far as the bailiffs they will re-home her three days before.

I need advice regarding how much hassle it is serve the paperwork in court ie is it simple enough to do myself or is it advisable to have a solicitor on board because I would like to have everything ready for when the 1st of June comes.

Await your response

many thanks

Linda.

If you are careful to give correct information on the forms, as you must have been on the S21 (or it will likely fail), you should be alright doing this yourself.

Double check your S21 detail, including proof of service, and post to reach the court for the 'expiry' date.

Guest caravanj

Hi Folks ,

Newbie here and I could do with some help as I have never needed to go through the courts before !

I have a LHA tenant who I have served notice on - Section 21B ending 31st May . The tenant has been fine but I live with my family in rented and our landlady is selling the property so we need to move into our rented property.

The local housing association has advised the tenant to sit tight until the court proceedings have gone through and when it gets as far as the bailiffs they will re-home her three days before.

I need advice regarding how much hassle it is serve the paperwork in court ie is it simple enough to do myself or is it advisable to have a solicitor on board because I would like to have everything ready for when the 1st of June comes.

Await your response

many thanks

Linda.

I can't find the exact terminology but since you need your property back for your own occupation you're classed as a preferential occupier & I believe you can use an accelerated procedure.

I can't find the exact terminology but since you need your property back for your own occupation you're classed as a preferential occupier & I believe you can use an accelerated procedure.

Thanks for prompt reply - just not sure whether I want an N5 or N5b form and where I can get info on completing it ?

thanks

Linda.

For a S21 hearing you need a form N5b. Read the forms carefully and double check everything.

If i remember correctly you need to send to the court:

1 completed N5b form

2 The fee

3 Copy of the tenancy agreement

4 Copy of the prescribed information given to the tenant (only ness if deposit taken)

5 Deposit protection certificate

6 Proof of service of the Section 21

7 Copy of the section 21

You will now have a nice fat pack of paperwork which you need to copy. You need to send 1 copy for the judge, one copy for each tenant (which the court send on) and another copy for yourself.

Archived