Tenant / Occupier I foolishly let a builder who was renovating my property move in on the basis he would finish the work in lieu of rent aftyin Prison

Guest caravanj

Your last paragraph just about sums it all up really. I find it amazing that not one single Government past or present in power has taken any steps to make the situation better for landlords who have an undeniable and justified grievance against what is tantermount to an illegal occupation of your property.

Grant Shapps, the present Government housing Minister will, unless he proves to me over the coming year, will just be another, also ran, useless tosser, who is not prepared to alter the situation either to level the legal playing field in favour of the landlord when it comes to an illegal act by a tenant.

It does make you wonder why anyone would want to be a Landlord in this Country doesn't it?

Mel.

Guest caravanj

Hi Mel,

It's an absolute nightmare.

I can understand the need to protect a T from a rogue L but there doesn't seem to be any form of common sense used.

I didn't intend to be a landlord but got the property as part of a divorce settlement & thought I'd renovate it & rent it out until the bank rates & or property prices pick up.

It's in the gov'ts interest for us LL's to be lumbered with bad uns as effectively we become social LL's and reduce the strain on local councils.

If it were easy for us to ditch 'em there would be more social upheaval generally.

The result we must learn how to protect ourselves by prevention and overcome the clumsy repossession systems were we fail in prevention.

I see our crap hand as another tax.

Archived