How much leeway would you give?

Mortitia

A good tenant with no previous debt who has been with me 3 years is now 2 months + in arrears because he tells me he leant a substantial amount of money to a friend to start up a coffee shop franchise and things have gone wrong. Tenant is self employed in a profession that is not doing well right now.

I'm interested to know what you all would do? Having spoken with T today he seem as ever optomistic but I have had to spell out that the end may be in sight for him staying at property. This did not go down well with talk of his emabarrassment and waiting until next week.

Any thoughts on this welcome.

Mortitia

Hi Mortitia,

A tenant is only a "good tenant" when they are paying the rent and looking after your property. So, your good tenant has now become a bad tenant !

I would serve a Section 21 as soon as I could. If the tenant becomes "good" again - I would rescind it - otherwise I would get rid of them.

Let us know what happens ...

Best Wishes,

Mark

Time to say goodbye or for your tenant to pay up Mortitia ....unless your running a charity now.

Your tenant should have realised that having a home is priority No.1 and not lending out money for friends coffee shop business.

Like Trenners has said issue a section 21 and take it from there.

Mel.

Archived