New boiler install at rented property

Mitul

Hi there,

I'm a landlord letting a 3-bed semi on private tenancy agreement. I'm replacing the boiler at the property for a more energy efficient one. In terms of certificates, what should i be getting at the end of the install to ensure the boiler is installed to Gas Safe standards? (the plumber is Gas Safe registered), is there a specific certificate relating to boiler installs or does it come under gas safety type certificates?

thanks

Mitul

For your new boiler you should receive both a commissioning report and Building Regs Compliance Certificate from the installer.

The BRCC certifies that the boiler has been installed by GSI supplier on date stated (I have one in front of me).

My understanding is that BRCC stands for first 12 months, after which the boiler would need an annual GS Certificate as usual.

Ensure that your tenant has a copy of the BRCC.

In addition you would still need an annual GS certificate for any other gas equipment (inc. meter check?) in the property.

(I'm a landlord, not a GS installer.)

Your "Plumber" will issue you with a commissioning certificate and he will also register your boiler serial number with the manufacturer and Gasafe (CORGI).

Make sure your CH system has a proper and thorough system flush to remove all sludge and sediment as well as a lot of manufacturer's now will not guarantee their boilers unless this has been carried out and I would also recommend the fitting of a magnatec filter for modern boiler installations (google for info.)

Mel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived