WHY landlord use letting agents to procure landlord gas certificates

joshjudo

Hi,

I am a Gas Engineer /EPC provider and i have been advertising my services to landlords, But it seems that landlords prefer the one stop shop provided by letting agents. In this time of cutbacks you would think that landlord would shop around.

So why do they use letting agents? :rolleyes:

Saves time and it's all tax deductable on the same bill.

Most people that use agents just go along with what the agent tells them. This is a site for the more independant landlord I would say.

So make friends with some agents to get more business might be the answer.

Mortitia

My Son's Company carries out gas work for a well known letting company and also for all private Landlords as well.

Horses for courses I guess. Some Landlords aren't too bothered regarding their LA's undertaking all the associated work that goes with being a Landlord.

Mel.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Rubex

Convienence, not everyone has the time to look after their properties, full time job etc.

What areas do you cover and what do you charge?

cheers

Selkirk

As a landlord I feel in control of my properties because I do all the management, rather than giveing it tto an agent. My experiance of agents is that they are only committed to their fees. This may not be the case for all agents. For example I charge an agent £50 for a gas cert(CP12) and they charge the landlord £85. That is business, agents have to earn a living too.

My area is the RG (Wokingham, Reading etc) sometime I venture into London to do a minimum of 3 CP12. I charege landlords £58 for a CP12 and £55 for an EPC.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately many contractors are unreliable, forgetting to turn up on time, going bust and not telling anyone and so on. Using an agent means landlords can forget about renewals and leave it up to someone else to handle it. Good contractors will remind landlords annually about renewal inspections but many don't, therefore the agent takes on the burden of reminders. The landlord just sits back and forgets about it. It is because of this that many owners use agents.

• 9 months later...

Archived