Cheapest boilers in Town... Maybe ???

jamandco

:unsure: Hi All

This seems a good deal folks , a Vezo condensing boiler 80.000 BTU's £299.00 inc vat from your local B&Q, I've just got one because they'd reduced it by a further £100 quid to under £300, its capable of running 6 to 8 radiators in a 2 or three bed and provides enough power for your hot water as well.

Thought you might like to know...worth bearing in mind if you're replacing an old worn out system maybe?

Cheers all

Michael

You get what you pay for!

Amazing how many people look at the price first before looking at the technical specifications and back-up for spares and service. Never mind keeps Plumbers in business I suppose.

Mel semi-retired Heating and Plumber MD :unsure:

What Mel said - it's a good price for the boiler itself, but you really need to be looking at the Total Cost of Ownership over the boiler's lifespan. Vizos, especially the cheaper ones, can be a pain to work on (not much space inside, config can be tricky for many engineers, not he best in terms of reliability) and there's a real chance you'll get a shrug and "can't work on this" or "can't get the parts" five years down the line.

If you *really* need to shave a couple of hundred quid off the price of a new boiler I'd say go for it, but if it was me buying one personally I'd probably grab a second for parts :unsure:

as said its cheap but then so is a skoda, bet you dont drive one of them!

i have used mr central heating a few times and his prices cant be beaten, not by me anyway!

i try to fit any thing that the local council fits as the parts are very easily available and very very cheap!

russ

Couple of months ago had a prob with a boiler where engineer claiming couldn't find a part and suggesteing 2k plus for replacement.

Quick net search found Worcester - Bosch spares shop who sent it on for £90. Valve manufacturer in question was changed mid way through boiler life so needed another one and spares shop sourced it and sent it on Free as long as I sent back the old one.

Getting a cheap bolier is ok BUT repairing in mid winter with no parts maybe a bit harder.

I would fit a boiler like the one mentioned but would assume maximum life of 3 years, anything more is a bonus.

TIP !!

CH engineers will not be familiar with boiler layout as they tend to be used to popular models and faults (and so fairly quick and cheaper repairs!)

Always photo copy instruction and fault findings docs ( one for prop and one for file ) as T tend to chuck the original out if left at prop ...this happened to me twice and caused a nightmare of a delay b4 CE eng could get a copy and actually fix what turned out to be fairly simple problems on both occasions !!!

Simon

TIP !!

CH engineers will not be familiar with boiler layout as they tend to be used to popular models and faults (and so fairly quick and cheaper repairs!)

Always photo copy instruction and fault findings docs ( one for prop and one for file ) as T tend to chuck the original out if left at prop ...this happened to me twice and caused a nightmare of a delay b4 CE eng could get a copy and actually fix what turned out to be fairly simple problems on both occasions !!!

Simon

We have a complete library on nearly all models for fault finding, installation etc. etc.

The major manufactures also have a dedicated trade only phone line help if it is required whereby you enter your company ID No. for technical assistance.

Because we are installers we tend to stick with the quality end of the market for obvious reasons as any call backs don't earn us any money.

We do offer another boiler which we know is cheaper but we also know it is good quality in as much the internal components are very good quality. We actually make more money off the cheaper boiler installation than the expensive boiler fit by around a £100.

We would never touch a DIY Shed boiler. The large Gas Company found this it out to their cost when they thought they could install cheaper boilers for more profit but their call backs under guarantee work trebled which negated any profit.

Mel.

Archived