Smoke alarms

kanrent

6 hours ago, Melboy said:

CO Alarm is probably more important than a smoke alarm in the bedroom. Where are the new regulations, where did you see them?

I read the following on 

legislation.gov.uk

From 1 October 2022, the Government is amending The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Regulations to require rental properties to install a carbon monoxide alarm in every room with a fixed combustion appliance (excluding gas cookers).

6 hours ago, Melboy said:

CO Alarm is probably more important than a smoke alarm in the bedroom. Where are the new regulations, where did you see them?

Yea I mean a CO alarm forgot to call it that will I now need to install another  in the bedroom where the gas boiler is

It certainly looks like there are plans that will require you to fit a co alarm in the bedroom with a boiler.

It says the Gov are amending the Regs......that means they intend to do it or are currently doing it......it doesn't say they have done it.

The Gov have a lot of rather important matters to deal with in the coming months so, I'd park any plans I had to purchase and install anther co alarm until you know they have actually completed and published the changes.

Currently the Gov aren't working.....The prime minister & chancellor are away on holiday, nobody is running the county, nothing is being done about anything.....in particular the cost of living crisis. I think they are gonna be far to busy soon with other stuff due to civil unrest, anarchy, mob rule, chaos, refusal to pay and worse.

You will need a CO alarm in a bedroom as it is very advisable to do this if not already current regulations. I will ask my Son tomorrow morning as he is coming to do some work for me. 

I am aware that in many cases you would have no other option but to install a boiler in bedroom but it is something I would not like to have.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 7:32 PM, Melboy said:

You will need a CO alarm in a bedroom as it is very advisable to do this if not already current regulations. I will ask my Son tomorrow morning as he is coming to do some work for me. 

I am aware that in many cases you would have no other option but to install a boiler in bedroom but it is something I would not like to have.

I would never fit a boiler in a bedroom, have never worked on a property where it has not been possible to install elsewhere, just more cost involved.