Portfolio Landlords

DR T

I usually steer people away from this type of arrangement. The owner has no control over who moves into their property & there have been lots of media reports that have been less than complimentary towards this type of arrangement.

Good luck.

I was one of those landlords who rented a flat to the council with no control over who went into it about 10 years ago.  I had a lot of trouble with the tenant and the final straw was the front door being badly damaged by a visitor who had a score to settle with the tenant by kicking the door in.

The Council would only pay 70% of the damage costs to the door as I wanted to replace it with a new security multi locking UPVc door instead of a wooden door. The Council classed this as "betterment value" to the property........😃 but I pointed out to the Council that my door was very serviceable with a long life ahead of it before being damaged.

No good arguing as it didn't get me anywhere.  So with that problem and one or two complaints of anti social behaviour from neighbours I got this tenant out fairly quickly. I wouldn't recommend renting a property under the Council rules and I know I would never do it again. Maybe there are landlords out there who have nothing but praise for Council letting and I wish them all the best.