P2P platforms for Property Investments

Nev M

Hi,

Has anyone ever looked at or had any experience with P2P platform investing? I was browsing on ideas for how to invest smaller amounts of money rather than sitting in the bank at near zero% interest and came across and article on this that aims for returns of 7 to 8% via crowd funding in property projects.

I found this site that does it and offers the option also to invest through a ISA option also, trust pilot also seems to rate it as a legitimate respected site: https://www.crowdproperty.com/

Any thoughts, advise or cautions?

I guess there is no problem with doing this but I would suggest you may have to accept the risk that you could lose all or some of your money if things go wrong but I believe they do warn you of this fact before investing in P2P schemes.

• 7 months later...

What has this got to do with landlords and property rentals ?

As landlords we don't leave all our money in savings accounts paying next to no interest. Instead, we choose to invest in residential property & our reward is a considerably better return than we could get from investing elsewhere for a small risk. 

We could put it into crypto currency or become poker players but many of us think that would be a very poor choice for our children inheritance.

• 8 months later...

For those willing to accept the risk, P2P lending can generate a good return and doesn't require much effort, as the platforms do most of the admin and debt-chasing. Additionally, money earned through P2P platforms is usually classed as income. When I first started, I used the metatrader multiterminal. It is very user-friendly and easy to understand for someone who is just starting or willing to give it a try. Peer-to-peer lending is one of the most simple and effective ways I've ever found to make passive income.

I'll repeat my previous comments......this is a forum for landlords who let property. It is not a forum for those looking for somewhere to invest money in anything other than property.

Good luck with your speculative investments but you are in the wrong place.