Cannabis growing tenants.

Suitcase

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/19097879.watch-warning-video-landlords-criminals-growing-cannabis-rented-properties/

I’m going to get smart meters fitted to my rental property when the current tenants leave in April.  Hopefully the utilities company will notice if the electric consumption goes to zero.  I can only imagine the grief it would cause if you discovered this activity going on.

Having a smart meter is your choice but please bear in mind that there are a lot of people who don't like them. Wether this will adversely affect your ability to let the property or limit your market is anyone's guess.

There are many other things you can do to limit the chances of cannabis growers moving into your property......here are a few suggestions:-

* Pick your tenants very very very carefully. Meet them personally, check them out, take references.

* Make sure they qualify for RGI.....even if you choose not to take the insurance.

* Get a home owning guarantor.

* Carry out regular inspections.....every 3 months minimum.

* Don't take any chances......if they dont tick all the boxes move on. There are plenty of potential tenants out there.

Etc, etc......and if all else fails you could always insist that they cut you in on a percentage of the profits !!!!,😄

• 9 months later...

To tell the truth, I've never tried to grow cannabis with my own hands. I'm not even sure if it's legal. My friend used to produce it at home. The taste was quite interesting, IMHO. But then I bought THC capsules for sale and was really surprised. I guess you can't reach the same result as the experienced manufacturers do. Moreover, the product should be thoroughly tested, and it's hardly possible to do by yourself. I mean, you can't have all the necessary equipment at home. Of course, it's just my opinion, but I prefer to use the certified products.