First Time Buyers !

Richlist

I don't agree.

I think the problem for FTB's is of their own making.

When I was in my 20's there were no mobile phones or tv/ broadband packages etc. Life seemed much simpler. But now I can't believe what some are paying for these things. They consider them essential and that they must have priority over buying property. It's their choice......but if you want to buy your first home, you need to go without a few things and put yourself out. Many don't want to.

Plenty of cash buyers in my area. I keep an eye on everything that comes to the market. This was on the market for all of 6 hours and sold for cash to an out of town buyer. Not unusual I know. I know the LA well. Good location as well.

I believe that investors looking for a short/long term investment are still piling their dosh into property. This flat will let for £750 to £800 pcm. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/125785235#/?channel=RES_BUY

What would you say about the UK real estate market now? Is it a good time to buy a house, or should I wait until something changes?
I really want to move out of the rental property and pay for my own house instead of paying my landlord. But I cannot find a house for the sum I can afford. They all are just too expensive. Or maybe I need to quit working with big real estate agencies?
Maybe a small local real estate and building agency would be better for this purpose? I definitely need to spend more time researching this topic because I don’t want to overpay.

The property market is wavering with higher borrowing rates coming into effect. Having said that with the inflation figures creeping up to a very high figure investors are buying investment property but I would imagine it is for long term investment and a decent percentage return on that investment.

Personally, would I buy right now. The answer for me is no I would not. Others would disagree I would imagine.

What is it that you're expecting will change ?

Generally & historically property prices have spiralled onwards & upwards and whilst there is never any guarantee , most experts would expect that to continue with the occasional hiccup.

There is, has been and will likely continue to be a massive shortage of affordable housing. Economic rules of supply & demand dictate the price point.

It's still important to pick the right property, in the right area for the right price.