AST and letting agent

kanrent

Hi my letting agent did an AST when my tenant moved in cost 100 pounds now the AST has expired

And the agent has suggested letting it continue as a periodic tenancy but wants to charge me 50 pounds for a periodic tenancy

Is it normal for agents to charge for this as there is no work in a periodic tenancy it just continues

I would reply back saying you are happy for it to continue on a periodic tenancy but ask them to justify their £50 fee and explain what work is involved for them for this to happen.

Then imagine all the squirming that will be going on it the office and working out how to reply to you, or not.

I am assuming it was a tenant find only service?   

1 hour ago, Grampa said:

I would reply back saying you are happy for it to continue on a periodic tenancy but ask them to justify their £50 fee and explain what work is involved for them for this to happen.

Then imagine all the squirming that will be going on it the office and working out how to reply to you, or not.

I am assuming it was a tenant find only service?   

No Grampa it's full management service they told me the fee is for the registering the deposit and administration charge

15 minutes ago, kanrent said:

No Grampa it's full management service they told me the fee is for the registering the deposit and administration charge

As I understand it the agent is also acting as stake holders in respect of the deposit paid by the tenant

I don't know if this makes any difference as I read custodial and insurance protected deposit there is no need to re-register

Is there any other type of TDP in operation

There is no need to re- register secured deposits. I don't and never have. You are required to notify the DPS or any other deposit scheme with the click of a button that your tenancy has now gone periodic and that's about it. 

There is no requirement for a tenancy contract AST to be re written once that tenancy goes periodic to the same tenant(s) if nothing has altered within the terms of the AST.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:54 PM, Melboy said:

There is no need to re- register secured deposits. I don't and never have. You are required to notify the DPS or any other deposit scheme with the click of a button that your tenancy has now gone periodic and that's about it. 

There is no requirement for a tenancy contract AST to be re written once that tenancy goes periodic to the same tenant(s) if nothing has altered within the terms of the AST.

Being cheated by the agent as usual

Archived