Agent review site suspend the account of Purple Bricks

Grampa

allagents.co.uk is a review site  https://www.allagents.co.uk/purplebricks/ for all estate and letting agents in the uk.

It turns out they have had to suspend the account of Purple Bricks due to the repeated threats of legal action from PB over bad reviews.

I have 2 issues over this:

1. Purple Bricks are trying to bully this review site with their clout as one of the big boys with deep pockets. But they dont realise or dont want to acknowledge  they do offer a crap service in the view of many clients. 

2. There are many many smaller agents who have disagreed with reviews on this site and have been unsuccessful in getting certain reviews removed. So allagents.co.uk are happy to ignore complaints from the small boys but roll over from someone with a bit more legal clout.

The moral to the story is you get what you pay for and what do you expect if you have paid your fee in full upfront. You do really think you will get a good service once they have banked your cash?

Knowing someone who works for them they have all sorts of sales technics  to get you (the seller) to tell them what you want to achieve (selling price) because a lot of the PB agents dont have the local knowledge to accurately value a property. So you can save a few quid on fees but potentially lose £1000's on a incorrect  sale prices or excessive time on the market due to overpricing so you then have to reduce the price 3 months later which means potential buyers view the property as "having something wrong with it and the vender is desperate to sell" which means getting even lower offers. 

No surprise to me re Purple Bricks.  I have always maintained that once a company has your cash their interest wanes in you as a customer as they move on to the next sale to generate income and cash.

Its not just their service as they pressurise clients to use their call centre solicitors for the sale. I was taken out to lunch by my local solicitor last week and a big part of the conversation revolved around these "PB solicitors" and how all the local high st solicitors hate dealing with them because they are so slow and need consent chasing up. 

I suspect it is because Purple Bricks have  "negotiated" such a low fee structure and high referral commission they are under manned.  

Archived