possesion order granted what next?

DIPLOMATIC

Hello, i have just been granted a posseion order by the county court. the two weeks has elapsed with tenant still refusing to quit flat! what is the best and next step should i take. Tenant is of the view if i get baillifs involved then she will be rehoused by LA.

ANY ADVICE WILL BE OF HELP.

Hi,

You have two options, you can either use the County Court Bailiffs or use High Court Enforcement Officers. 

There are pros and cons of using both. 

I work in the High Court Enforcement Industry. 

If you know what route you want to take I can try and advise as best as possible. 

Thanks

Victoria 

Your tenant needs to be aware that now there is no automatic right to being rehoused rehomed etc. by the local authority depending on where she is being evicted from.

I have no idea of the cost of using a High Court Sheriff but if it can be a lot quicker than a County Court bailiff I would look to go down this route. TV programs seem to indicate that it is a quicker and positive 'on the day' eviction.

Your tenant needs to show the eviction order to the council.

You also need to speak to the court bailiff to ask how long the waiting time is if you go down the the court bailiff route then you can decide if it is worthwhile to use the high court.  

But there is no guarantee your court will allow the possession to be transferred up to the high court. 

I had a conversation with my local bailiff when using him about the high court route and his exact words were " the judges here will not transfer to the high court because they dont want to take work away from the local court" 

It is all very well these High Court Bailiff types virtually advertising on here but the original poster would have to go back to court with an application to transfer to the high court - and this could be refused!  So that is money for another application, another wait, another appearance then wait to get the paperwork - if it is granted.

OP - with your possession order go or apply to the county court for the bailiff to attend https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants/eviction-notices-and-bailiffs.  The fee is £150.  Not many tenants stay after notice that the County Court bailiff is coming but if they do he/she will out them.  Ask what the wait is - could be 2-5 weeks depending on area.

Archived