eviction

agnesn

hi re my last query regarding me giving my tenant a rent increase letter & now wanting to evict her the form I sent was  Proposing a new rent under an assured periodic tenancy of premises which I downloaded does this mean I cant evict her

As Grampa has eluded to, depending on the wording of your proposed increase in rent it 'may' be viewed that you have granted a new tenancy, so she is effectively there for another fixed period, probably 6 months.

You can still start the process of repossession but may find 'if' defended that a judge throws it out in court (or before).

There is nothing stopping you serving the 2 months notice section 21 and waiting to see if there is a response.

As usual in this game we the LL's are with little assurance and left with the gamble of trying to follow legislation.

2 hours ago, agnesn said:

hi re my last query regarding me giving my tenant a rent increase letter & now wanting to evict her the form I sent was  Proposing a new rent under an assured periodic tenancy of premises which I downloaded does this mean I cant evict her

Was the notice a section 13 notice (if so it will say somewhere on the notice)  and if so did you also send a letter with it?

Archived