Green deal

Sedgy34

Any fellow landlords looking to upgrade their boiler, install solar, external wall insulation,LED lighting All on the green deal ?? No upfront costs towards the installation.

The savings made pays back for the installation, get intouch for more info

info@ecogreendealscheme.co.uk

So you own a property and have a nice new fancy boiler fitted at no extra cost because the cost of it is paid by the saving in fuel costs. The owner pays no more than previously as the savings go back to the company who fitted the boiler until it is repaid then the owner reaps the benefit of lower bills which will take a number of years before it kicks in.

So far so good. But what if you want to sell your property before the cost is repaid. You have to declare the arrangement to the buyer but if you were a buyer you may not want to continue paying for a boiler you have thought was included in the sale. This could mean the buyer will reduce his offer halfway through the buying process.

It is no different than buying a property and the vender saying can you pay the remainder of my loan for my new kitchen I had fitted.

Just a thought.

Also if you are a landlord you legally have to inform tenants of the arrangement. Is you tenant going to be happy paying for your boiler and also paying the rent.

Beware 'free' boiler replacements when old isn't broken. Some months ago we calculated that fuel efficiency improvements took about 20 - 30 years to amortise new boiler cost, by which time the new boiler would probably be replaced again once or twice. Somebody pays - if it's under Green Deal it will be us tax payers. It's a waste of good old working boilers!

Installing new Green technology (solar, wall insulation, led lights, etc) is a different matter.

Archived