When can you service an eviction notice

sha

Hi Tenants

Not at property, no rent paid in September tried ringing no answer.

Not at property October still not paid rent have tried phoning no answer.

Have got in touch with housing benefit as not paid

No lighs on in property not heard from tenants, have no key to flat so got police and have got entry, the frezzer so defrozen, still got all tenant stuff there. i have key for main entrance but not the flat.

Its know Nvember??

Have just had phone call, from tenant been a mis understanding, there friend was surpose to have got in touch with me and did not, the tenant as been away visiting family and as been ill, as well as that they did not have my phone number and left mobile round sister house, etc.

So this is how it stand they owes as of this month 3nths rent, but housing benefit had put an hold so they have got two months rent to pay to me.

So will my eviction notice still stand, and can they do me for braking into my property that i owe???

thank you

Sorry this is for a land lord and a tenant.

A friend ask me if i new the answer to the above.

so i am going to put this is the tenants question sorry,once i find out what notice will let you know, but he is 300 mile away from home so dont think he knows.

Landlord 300 miles away and may not know about eviction procedures? This is worrying.

Does Landlord have a competent and knowledgeable local agent looking after property?

Correct answers to Mortitia's questions are vitally important.

No a misunderstanding the tenant is 300 miles away with family and was ill ie on meds, a friend of the tenants was to get in touch with tenants landlord and pay him the rent for the first month, just found out they did not do this,(and put money in electric meter) so it went into the month, the tenant did not have there phone with them as they left there phone at there sisters house and she went away on holiday. so to cut a long story short, the tenant as just found out that the lanlord as serive notice and broke into the flat and change locksso what is the tenant to do, ( the tenant as phone the benefit office and ask them to pay the landlord direct which they said they will do, But tenant did to get back home and is not knowing what to do or expected, any advice would be great. By all acounts the bottom landing light works of the tenants electric and as his friend did not put money on the electric went out and as the landlord as not heard from the tenat they got the police and got into the flat . the tenant tryed phoning the landlord yesterday andspoke to his wife and she said she will get him to phone tenant back but as not heard any thing yet. thanks

At least this poster can use basic English words even if the spelling/ grammer isn't right.

You wait until you get a potential tenant turn up to view your property who can't speak a word of English and has brought a translator along to help ! :unsure:

Let's try to get this question straight.

1) Tenant goes away to visit family 300 miles away?.

2) No rent paid for Sept and Oct - because tenant is away?

3) Tenant is on Benefit?

4) Benefit Office has offered to pay Landlord direct?

5) Landlord served notice?

6) What form of notice - Section 21 or 8 ?

7) Landlord (or his representative) has changed locks?

8) Has tenant come back? Can tenant get in?

9) What is situation Now?

A Yes or No answer to each of above may help you obtain useful advice from experts on this forum.

IMO (and following others on this forum) Landlord is entitled to serve a notice of correct type depending on situation, but, unless in an emergency, Landlord has probably committed an offence if he changed locks without court permission for repossession.

I suggest tenant consults local Citizens Advice Bureau giving clear explanation of circumstances. CAB normally favour towards tenants if other cases on forum are anything to go by.

I can see why RL wont rent to non English speakers !!

So sad people can be so judgemental

If you was to see someone in a wheel chair would you judge them because they are in a wheel chair? with alzheimer,s, or a memory condition, thats hard some time to remember. ie how to spell etc.

Just because there are people out there that can not spell etc.

Dont be judgemental.

At least this poster can use basic English words even if the spelling/ grammer isn't right.

You wait until you get a potential tenant turn up to view your property who can't speak a word of English and has brought a translator along to help ! :unsure:

Have a read of what i posted to Kurbut. and thank you for ( at least this poster use basic England words even if the spelling/grammer isn't right ).

Let's try to get this question straight.

1) Tenant goes away to visit family 300 miles away?.

2) No rent paid for Sept and Oct - because tenant is away?

3) Tenant is on Benefit?

4) Benefit Office has offered to pay Landlord direct?

5) Landlord served notice?

6) What form of notice - Section 21 or 8 ?

7) Landlord (or his representative) has changed locks?

8) Has tenant come back? Can tenant get in?

9) What is situation Now?

A Yes or No answer to each of above may help you obtain useful advice from experts on this forum.

IMO (and following others on this forum) Landlord is entitled to serve a notice of correct type depending on situation, but, unless in an emergency, Landlord has probably committed an offence if he changed locks without court permission for repossession.

I suggest tenant consults local Citizens Advice Bureau giving clear explanation of circumstances. CAB normally favour towards tenants if other cases on forum are anything to go by.

Yes that is correct up to question 7,

Situation at moment,

No do not know what notice the landlord as given tenant.

Tenant is going back home on Sunday.

Just spoke to landlord he as serviced a 2 months notice to quit from 27th sept, and send he the place is in a mess as the electric gone of the freezer stop working so food gone off etc.

Landlord said he want rent and will not let him back in flat ??

Sha: Thanks, that is clearer. Answer to your last sentence:-

The Landlord is entitled to want rent owed to him, that is how tenancies are run.

The tenant should take legal advice on not being let back in to flat. As I previously said, landlord may have acted illegally if locks were changed without proper court authority to do so.

Do not react to judgemental remarks made by others on this forum. It will put them off from giving you helpful advice that you ask for.

Archived