Jump to content

Claiming tax for item purchased vs building work


Recommended Posts

thanks Melboy

assume it goes in the "Property repairs, maintenance and renewals" section?

and should be the gross amount rather than the NET or VAT value?

Whatever you have paid for the items from where ever you have purchased these items inc.the vat is added to your overall spend on your tax return under property maintenance. Keep all the receipts though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They will know because you say its true. When you complete the self assessment forms you sign to say that your claim is valid....so you need to BE SURE that it is.

Don't assume that your pre letting expenses are allowed to be offset against income tax......you may find that they are more likely to be capital expenditure which can only be offset against future capital gains when the property is sold.

You should of course still keep all of the receipts, invoices and proof of payment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...