Property Security

shreckles

Hi all, new member here and I would like your opinions.

I own several property's in the Birmingham area, I also run a small security firm, (security guards, mobile patrols etc). I use my security company to "look after" my property's. If a property is vacant I have someone check all is well and secure, forward mail and that kind of thing. With occupied properties I have someone to read gas /electric meters periodically mainly to check all is well on the inside of the property and to hand deliver any important mail to occupants. I have never had too many problems with tenants in the past anyway but using a security company (albeit my own) has had a really positive effect. I do let some flats to students and since using my firm I have had no problems at all.

I am thinking of offering this service out to other landlords and currently doing market research to see if there is a demand for it. I am not trying to sell anything here and will not put my company name on here, I would like honest opinions and thoughts (good and bad) to see if it would be a worthwhile service. I would be most grateful for any feedback.

Thanks in advance

I can see how this might be worthwhile, especially in areas where there are high levels of crime. Most landlords do this themselves if they live locally so it would need to be very competitively priced or target non local landlords.

I would imagine a service such as this could be needed in area's where a landlord has several properties maybe at high risk tenancies and in an above average crime area?

Archived