Landlord case studies needed for media

Forster

I'm on the lookout for small-scale landlords (1- 3 properties) who can talk about their relationship with their tenant/s.

Ideally, I'm looking for a landlord who can talk about how a breakdown in this relationship led to a missed payment or an empty property and the affect it had on their ability to cover their own bills/mortgage.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you think you or someone you know could fit the description. The participant would need to be available in the next few days for a quick telephone interview and a few days around the 8th November to speak to journalists about the experience. You will also need to provide a head and shoulders picture of yourself to be used in the media.

Hope to hear from you soon.

We get at least 5 of these media/survey requests every 6 months.

Why would any sensible landlord want to do this? Is the money that good?

Hi Mortitia,

Thanks for your response. Participation is incentivised and is dependent on a) whether you fit the brief and B) whether you are willing to put your name to the story. The amount can increase if you are asked to do broadcast interviews around the launch date (8th Nov). The interview will only take 5-10 minutes to get all the details and we won't publish anything unless you are happy with it. If you'd like more details you can speak to me confidentially on richard at forster dot co dot uk.

I am still none the wiser on the cash element.

Usually participation involves a £10 upfront payment for the initial interview and then, depending on whether you are spoken to by print or broadcast journalists, the amount could be £30-40 for each journalist interview.

The aim of the campaign is to improve landlord/tenant relationships. We are looking for landlords who feel that a communication breakdown resulted in a missed payment or void, who think that if they had better communication with their tenants they wouldn't have encountered these problems.

Thanks for your interest.

In my world of being a residential landlord for the past 13 years.....I have never experienced nor do I know anyone who has experienced any breakdown in landlord/ tenant communication that has led to a problem that could be solved by someone like you.

Why don't you go report on the REAL issues that landlords face ?

I and others on this site could give you a long list that would keep you employed for many years.

In my world of being a residential landlord for the past 13 years.....I have never experienced nor do I know anyone who has experienced any breakdown in landlord/ tenant communication that has led to a problem that could be solved by someone like you.

Why don't you go report on the REAL issues that landlords face ?

I and others on this site could give you a long list that would keep you employed for many years.

Oh, I don't have any 'interest' in your subject.....I'm merely passing comment on your post and trying to steer you in a more worthwhile direction.

I'd hate to see you completely wasting your time ! :rolleyes:

Archived