Bank Account for Rental Income ?

Richlist

Those of you looking for a suitable account to handle the rents in/ invoices out etc for your rental business could do a lot worse than Lloyds & TSB Enhance Current Account......your allowed up to X3 accounts and it pays up to 3% gross.

http://www.tsb.co.uk/current_accounts/enhance.asp

Those IR are very good in today's tough saver's market.

I recently opened a Sainsbury's current bank account because they were paying 1.5%.

Will the new TSB lower their rates though as the money flows in becuase 3% is a very good rate of interest?

Nobody knows.

I suspect the interest rates will stay around this level for around 6 months while TSB bank establishes itself and they gradually move away from using Lloyds bank facilities. Lloyds ALSO offer exactly the same account.

Personally I use First Direct as a dedicated current account for my residential lettings. No interest but I think they are currently offering £125 for opening a current account and they have absolutely FIRST CLASS service......I can definitely recommend them.......Almost enough to pay the premium for your Rent Guarantee Insurance on one property ! :rolleyes:

Santander are poor on customer satisfaction.

I've lost count of the number of horror stories involving Santander.

I wouldn't open an account with them without a serious incentive......and what they are currently offering falls far short of whats needed to persaude me.

Well I've got a 123 account and its great, 3% upto £20,000 and also cash back on direct debits.

Not had any real problems with them myself but can't say that for Lloyds!, had been abroad for three years and when I came back they wouldn't give me a current account. Got one straight away when I then went to Abbey.

This is an extract from Wikipedia:

Santander has frequently been ranked the worst bank in the UK for customer service.[4] Between 2007 and 2010 it was ranked as worst bank for customer service in the J. D. Power UK Retail Banking Satisfaction Study, however in the 2011 survey it had improved to second worst.[5]

Archived