Property Prices ?....Shed Fetches £38K

Richlist

I'm not familiar with property prices in the Bristol area and I know that there is no current planning permission but I suspect that, even at £38000 it represents a bargain price for a small business premises or workshop.

It's tucked away behind the seller's house and getting planning permission to run a business in a residential district and location such as this is very difficult. The neighbours won't like it or agree to it and the planners won't like it either and just like Slough area there is a total clamp-down in Bristol on anyone thinking they can turn this place into some form of living accommodation for immigrants and anybody else.

Edit.

It was in fact a former stable according to the auction house and sold subject to planning. I have not viewed the legal pack so there may be covenants on the sale as well.

Yes, I suspect that obtaining planning permission may not be straightforward and if it was gonna be easy then the sellers have probably missed a trick.

However, there are all sorts of business uses that such a property could be put to even if it is located in a residential area.

Businesses that produce noise (manufacturing), smells ( food preparation), traffic congestion, parking problems, nuisance to neighbours etc etc ....under classes A or B, would all likely to be refused.

But there are quite a few that I can think of that wouldn't present any of those issues and someone has decided its going to be worth the gamble.

Archived