routine inspections

JohnBoot

You could ask them.

Don't forget LA's are in the business of making money from landlord's and tenant's so they want your Dosh by any means.

I know agencies get a bad reputation for the fees they charge to landlords and tenants but I believe they have to charge some extras to make it a viable business. Some do go overboard with the amount they charge but the landlords shouldn't sign up to anything they disagree with or are not prepared to pay. The same goes for tenants they are happy to sign on the dotted line then moan when it is time to pay.

As been mentioned on one of the other topics, agents now have to list their fees (for tenants) in any advertising so the poor darlings are aware. Though we have it in big bold letters on the front of the application forms anyway so I cant seeing making any difference.

Our visits last 10-15 minutes and are a visual walk through and a discussion with the tenant about any maintenance issues. Then back to the office to type up a 2 page report for the landlord and action any maintenance works.

I don't do the inspection, check outs or inventories but I know we have just taken on and let a 4 bed det house and the inventory took someone the best part of a day to do.

Archived