DSS Tenant

Rik

I have a small flat and have rented it out for five years to private tenants without a problem.

I had a tenant in the property for 1 year and then he informed my lettings agent that he was ill and going DSS. The letting agent asked me if that was okay I said yes and the letting agent said I would get paid every four weeks. By the time the DSS has sent the cheque to the tenant and the tenant sent the cheque to the letting agent and they have processed the cheque I am been paid every five to six weeks.

Can the DSS pay the lettings agent directly?

Some do... Some don't.

The latest info. to come out of this appalling Government Interference into the letting and property market is to pay Tenants direct rather than the Landlord.

We all know what will happen next as revealed on this and other Forums.

Landlord has to wait for his money at best and at worst the Tenant spends the rent money on anything but paying for a roof over their heads!

The Tenant can complete a form with the Housing Benefit Office and request monies be paid directly to the Letting Agent or Landlord.

It would be a good idea for you to telephone the Housing Benefit Office yourself and explain the situation, they can probably help by sending you or the Letting Agent a form to complete to assist in receiving payments directly.

Hi

if your tenant rights a letter to the dss requesting that he wants the cheque sent direct to you they will,to hurry it on you can type the letter out yourself and get the tenant to sign it then you can go post it,also dss are good to have if you have no loft insulation your tenant can ask for it and get it free but if you ask for it you will have to pay viv

Archived