getting a non paying tenant out

das545701

i have a tenant who is 900.00 in areas has no contract has they refused to sign a new contract when we took over,we have sent them a termination notice 3 times in the last 5 months,But they still refuse to leave.to take them to court would cost more money and we would not get it back, apart from blowing them up what can we do.we have run a caravan park before this but never managed a property . Help

Can I just say, because I don't think you have, that your Tenancy contract should have been signed and sealed BEFORE you purchased/took over the property.

You are going to have a devil of a job removing this person and you need professional advice at this stage from a Solicitor.

Mel.

Although the tenants have not signed a new tenancy agreement the terms and conditions of the tenancy still stand. i.e. the tenants are on an assured shorthold tenancy and their tenancy has now rolled over to a statutory periodic tenancy (i.e. month by month).

You need to serve them with Notice to Vacate - a solicitor should be able to do this for you at little cost - or even use internet to find a copy - just make sure you enter the correct dates...

You really need to do this as tenants promises to vacate are their way of stalling... get the wheels in motion and more than likely they will jump once served with Notice and sent a letter from solitors, however if you leave it they will just play on you..

Make sure you keep copies of any correspondance.

Yes, if it was an Assured 6 Month Tenancy Contract, however, if this Tenant has been in occupation for say, several years (more than 3) then you cannot just boot them out because you have bought the house.

I'll say it again....... This is the reason why Tenanted house go for cheaper (mainly) than unoccupied ones. Some people are quite happy to have this arrangement of a sitting Tenant but don't expect the Tenant to move out just because you have bought the property.......the Judge will not agree with you on that one!

I agreee the non-payment of rent is cause to give to notice because it matters not whether there is a contract in place or not but could it be the Tenant is just being difficult?

You really need a Solicitor to give an eviction order and you'll probably find the Tenant will just disappear into the mist.

Archived