Letcheck.co.uk has anybody used their services

hankmarvin

Similar to Experian which is tried and tested and more to the point .....up and running.

www.experian.co.uk

Letcheck say they link their tenant info to a tenants ID whereas Experian will hold records of CCJ's etc but these are linked to a specific address. So if the tenant does not mention the address they may be invisable in respect of a search. Any further thoughts?

Not really.......it is all a huge gamble. Take a look at the Bankruptcy Notices and just spot how many are using a dozen names to cover their tracks!

You can only do so much to ensure that your Tenant is honest and trustworthy and keep your fingers crossed.

I would like to see a National Website whereby you could put in a name and see what comes out regarding Bankruptcy/Bad Debt/ Horrible-all-Round-Person but I suspect it would be against their Human Rights to be seen as Mr & Mrs Nasty Person.

i cannot recall hearing of this site, but my only gripe with sites like this is it usually costs, this puts off agents who are the real key to bad tenant information.

so it's down to the landlord, and if you have to pay it further adds to you financial loss!

wouldn't it be good if the new TDS was able to give you details odf the tenants last depsoit resolution, i.e depsoit returned no problem or deductions made for this n that or no deposit returned!

they won't be that useful i'm sure!

perhaps if they issue a statement to the tenants we could ask for this when getting references!

Archived