SALF MANAGEMENT -v- LETTING AGENTS

Trojan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Trojan. Had a look at the article and I am always sceptical of figures quoted. I would have thought that the best judge of this shift, would be someone like yourself. Have you noticed a sudden rush of landlords who can no longer manage their own properties because of the new legislation? My guess is that it is too early to tell at present and won't be evident till the HMO rules and tenancy deposit schemes really start to have an effect on landlords. It is a shame that a few rogue landlords have necessitated the new law re deposits. As with everything else, I suspect it will be weighted in the tenant's favour. I would be interested in your opinion re my query I posted today (22 June) on tenant's deposits. Thanks.

16 years in the rental game and I think I have seen it all probably (I hope!).

Legistlation is always ongoing and you just ride it out and comply....nothing difficult about that at all. Read up on good forum websites like this what is happening or about to happen in the Landlord's World.

I nearly always use an Agent to secure my Tenants for me but I have yet to meet an Agency or Agent that can manage my properties to my high standards.

I guess you could say that I have some dubious feelings about Letting Agents but that is probably because of all the things that have happened to me over the years ranging from non returned phone calls and emails to providing me with Grade A Bum Tenants that have caused me grief for no good reason.

Archived