Joint owner tyring to evict my lodgers

Moofer

The court order from my divorce entitles me to ALL rental income from the property in which I live (and she does not), but which is in joint names.

I have 3 x lodger agreements (the emphasis on I have the agreements).

The Ex (divorced) wife, who doesn't live at the property, has issued all of my lodgers with eviction notices, which gives them 4 weeks to leave, at which point it says she will seek CCJ to evict them.

What are the chances of a court issuing a CCJ in these circumstances?

Thank you for your responses in advance.

Question. Why can't you offer NEW lodger agreements (just in your name) that start when the 4 weeks notice ends ? That way....nobody has to move out or boother about CCJ notices.

Answer. Because you haven't got formal legal advice......which is what you really need to get.

Question. Why can't you offer NEW lodger agreements (just in your name) that start when the 4 weeks notice ends ? That way....nobody has to move out or boother about CCJ notices.

Answer. Because you haven't got formal legal advice......which is what you really need to get.

As already mentioned I am the ONLY landlord listed on the lodger agreements, so why would I need to issue new lodger agreements again?

I personally didn't believe that, I'd be able to find a formal legal advice firm, that really knows the answer to this as it is such an odd issue, therefore placing the question on the web seemed sensible. That way maybe I can find someone legal that REALLY does know the answer/can assist in protecting my lodgers.

As already mentioned I am the ONLY landlord listed on the lodger agreements, so why would I need to issue new lodger agreements again?

Well no you didn't post that actually. What you posted was: I have 3 x lodger agreements (the emphasis on I have the agreements). which is not quite the same thing, is it ?

I personally didn't believe that, I'd be able to find a formal legal advice firm, that really knows the answer to this as it is such an odd issue, therefore placing the question on the web seemed sensible.

I would have thought a solicitor who deals with divorce would be best able to advise you.

That way maybe I can find someone legal that REALLY does know the answer/can assist in protecting my lodgers.

Maybe you can......but I wouldn't expect to protect my lodgers on the basis of unknown quality of information from an internet forum. These forums are great for general info' but not necessarily legal .....good luck.

Archived