residential home instead of lettings

fit4life

hello wise 1s... Some 1 suggested that i use my home to take care of people in stead of constantly fighting with tenants, I wondered if i would be breaking any laws if i used my house (4) bed 2 recpt rooms, for a residential home business instead of letting for tenants. Who do i speak to or where may i get more info on this ??? if you could sign post me i would be most greatful.

Guest tenants_from_hell

hello wise 1s... Some 1 suggested that i use my home to take care of people in stead of constantly fighting with tenants, I wondered if i would be breaking any laws if i used my house (4) bed 2 recpt rooms, for a residential home business instead of letting for tenants. Who do i speak to or where may i get more info on this ??? if you could sign post me i would be most greatful.

Good move but cant be costly. I was looking in to this myself a few months back. One thing I can tell you is that the person "running" the care home needs some qualification in this industry for residential care, however as the owner you dont have to have the qualification if you employ a manager who has the experience in the field. Of course that would mean more costs i.e. wages for the manager and staff as well. Alternatively you may wish to manage yourself and gain the qualifications but then you would have to put in the hours. The costs may not be high since you have just 4 bedrooms but then again i dont know the definitive costs.

Archived