Fire Regulations

msmith111

There is no ignorance. If the regulations dont require you to have something, by law, you dont need to have it. Similarly with the CO detectors you mentioned.

You seem like a salesperson from the website you mentioned.

Because if you was a landlord, you would know how much fire doors/frames, and mains powered smoke alarm/system along with a control panel would cost. Several years ago, in my HMO property the mains powered alarm along with a control panel cost me about £1200-1400. Fire doors, frames, door enclsoures, and locks with new handles (locks that you can open from the inside without a key) in total cost me nearly £2000 including labour.

So dont you tell me I am neglecting fire regulations. If I was to install the above in my non-HMO properties I would be looking at above £20,000 in costs easily.

You dont seem to have a clue from a landlords point of view and making sound as if money grows on trees. I shall not reply to your tactical saleperson replies now.

I quote you said: "I'd always fit a CO detector."

If you do you would have said "I always" not "I'd" making it sound if you did have a property to let you would do this, you really arent a landlord are you? See the years of experience can pick fibbers out easily..

@ Richlist you are right about owner-occupiers not requiring a gas safety certificate. Maybe because they are likely to be more careful than tenants who usually dont give a damn?

I quote you said: "I'd always fit a CO detector."

Since my post was intended as advice to other forum members, the use of the term I'd is quite correct.

i.e "My advice is that I'd always fit a CO detector"

I also stated quite clearly that I was not connected with the company whose smoke alarm guide I posted.

At no point have I said that a CO detector is a legal requirement but in various situations smoke detectors are a legal requirement to comply with building regs etc.

Since this is a forum to give advice & discuss LL & T issues I do not propose to waste any more forum space & indulging your perceived self-importance & crass stupidity by replying to any more of your comments.

This landlord's forum is supposed to be a friendly forum for advice and exchange of relevent information between Landlord's and Tenants.

Can we please tone down the personals and stick to the format?

If there is an issue over a technical point of view then by all means express your concerns but in nice way please.....or ignore it if you want to.

Yes, we have had Prat's on the forum before but believe me they can soon be got rid of.

So let's keep it friendly and informative Ladies and Gents please!

Mel.

Archived