lost asht agreement

hookster

so....i have a tenant way way behind with her rent and now refusing to take calls,answer the door etc etc...im new to this predicament and am finding how easy it appears for the wrong kind of tenant to play up the andlord...at my last visit to the tenant i took my file for the house amongst which was the original signed copy of the asht. we are now in the periodic phase and i need to S21 to reclaim the house...but dont have my copy of the asht. screwed ? anyone with a solution will be a life-saver...costing me lots in lost rent...

g.

One master but a copy each for landlord and tenant, surely RL? I take two signed masters and keep one safe for reference.

A thought... If tenant won't return AST (only copy?) how about writing firmly to ask tenant for copy to prove her tenancy otherwise landlord will take legal action (whatever that might be) for squatter eviction?

One master but a copy each for landlord and tenant, surely RL? I take two signed masters and keep one safe for reference.

The OP said that they had the master but didn't have a copy......see below. What is having a copy of the AST got to do with serving an S21 notice ?

"at my last visit to the tenant i took my file for the house amongst which was the original signed copy of the asht. we are now in the periodic phase and i need to S21 to reclaim the house...but dont have my copy of the asht. screwed ?

If you have a copy of the tenancy agreement fine, you can use the accelerated procedure N5b which is basically a paper application for possession.

If you do not have a copy of the tenancy agreement and they will not give you a copy the just issue the claim by using form N5 with supporting particulars of claim N119, they are at best assured shorhold tenants so long as you have served your notice correctly, deposit protected, paperwork in order then you will be fine. The only issue is that there would have to be a court hearing.

Simples

Archived