Blocked drains - complications

RoseJ

Tenant has been in flat for 2 months and had a problem with dodgy flush on toilet so I got plumber out to repalce cyphon. The the toilet starts to block - I say its a blockage its your problem, she says it started with plumber so not my problem. Dynorod have now been round and found a dental floss carton in toilet causing blockage. She says its not hers and that the plumber who replaced the cyphon found a similar carton in the cistern, I'm saying no-one has lived there for months before her and toilet has been fine for 2 months up til this point. Contract states pipe blockages are tenants responsibility. I have already paid for most of plumbing and investigations so far. Who pays? Her. right?

So, property empty for a few months prior to tenant moving in and tenant been in place for 2 months. Sounds like the blockage is down to the tenant but getting the money might prove difficult for you. Do you have a guarantor ?

Fancy your chances in the small claims court ?

The tenants ability to pay might colour your judgement.

Thanks for reply - ws thinking of with holding deposit but yes I am fed up. She is difficult and all workmen who have been in have said she is difficult and rude. Not really gorunds for termination bu the stress is ridiculous! Thanks again for your support!

Archived