Are these agents fees too high

I'm letting out my flat and signed up with a high street agent. I was so taken aback with the amount of rent I could achieve and it clearing £300 above my mortgage payments that I happily signed up. They've since found a tenant after 2 viewings and are about to check references.

I've now realised my mortgage company are going to hike my mortgage up as I'm letting. I've changed my mind about being fully managed and now just have a let only fee to pay of £720 plus vat. This just seems a scary amount to pay especially if I have to find a new tenant in six months. I can cancel incuring a cost of £550. I thought I might do this and do it myself. Do the charges seem high? Will they enforce this cancellation fee? I understand I should pay any costs but is this excessive?

The finders fee of £864 seems excessively high to me but of course not knowing your location and what you are about to receive in monthly rent makes it difficult to be subjective on the question.

I would say they will enforce the cancellation fee.

Don't forget to inform your property insurance company that you are no longer living in your primary residence otherwise any claim will be instantly rejected under the usual terms and conditions etc. for home insurance

Archived