Free insulation & a boiler for tenants receiving a government benifit!

handytoknow

Hi All

<br style=color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left; ">

I got a call from a guy at free home insulation for you yesterday advising me that my tenant was entitled to free loft and cavity insulation and possibly a free boiler as its over 10 years old.

<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left; ">

Has any one else used this government backed grant?

<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left; ">

The guy said a 25year guarantee is sent to me, I done a bit of research on his site

www.freeinsulation4u.co.uk

and some other official sites and it all looks above board :-)

I just thought I would check on here before giving him a list of my other properties.

Cheers

Just incase anyone else is interested as he seamed like a decent chap, If your tenant receives a benefit i.e child tax credit (has a child under 16) JSA, DLA ect. you can get you house insulated for free through them, if you can see the loft joists they can top up an extra 200mm :-)

Don't know what's happened to my post a load of other text has gone into it!

Hi All

I got a call from a guy at free homeinsulation for you yesterday advising me that my tenant was entitled to freeloft and cavity insulation and possibly a free boiler as its over 10 years old.

Has anyone else used this government backedgrant?

The guy said a 25year guarantee is sent tome, I done a bit of research on his sitewww.freeinsulation4u.co.ukand some other official sitesand it all looks above board :-)

I just thought I would check on here beforegiving him a list of my other properties.

Cheers

Just in case anyone else is interested as he seemed like adecent chap, If your tenant receives a benefit i.e child tax credit (has achild under 16) JSA, DLA ect. you can get you house insulated for free throughthem, if you can see the loft joists they can top up an extra 200mm :-)

Before you get carried away, check the Government entitlements for this on a Gov site. It may only apply to certain Benefit categories.

Also, in my experience under the old Warmfront scheme (it may be different now), gov. agency appointed their own non-local contractors who tended to be inflexible, specified the equipment, and were not too interested in listening to property owners suggestions re. boiler and flue locations etc. And a 25 year guarantee may sound a bit too good.....

My late elderly Mother in Law had central heating installed under the terms of a Warmfront free installation.

The boiler lasted 3 years and was repaired 3 times in the those three years at her expense.

Limited to just 5 radiators 1 of which had to be in the bathroom which meant 1 bedroom would not be covered and that would be an additional £150 to install.

The boiler was sited in the kitchen but being a small kitchen it looked absolutely out of place. The Company would not install it in an empty but legally and suitable cupboard upstairs as it would take them longer than the 2 days permitted for the installation.

The installers travelled from Leeds to London to carry out the installation.....not local...and were not interested in the future break-downs after 1 year.

OK it was all free.............

MiL died last October and the Landlord has ripped all the boiler system out and has positioned it where it should have gone in the first place....upstairs disused cupboard.

Archived