Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Guest caravanj

I will be letting my property shortly and have British Gas Homecare, which covers my boiler, radiators and electrics (annual boiler and electric service and breakdowns for a monthly fee) can i claim the full amount of this montly fee back from the taxman. Regards

E.G. If you pay £200 per annum to British Gas & you pay 20p in the £ income tax you will not get £200 back from HMRC, you will pay 20p in the £ on £200 less tax or £40 in cash terms.

The same applies to anything else you spend to maintain your rental property. You can also offset any interest on a buy-to-let mortgage against profit from a rental property.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

British Gas Homecare is, in my opinion, a complete waste of money. I have not had any boiler cover for at least 20 years and in that time I've had X3 repairs..... each repair costing about £200 to fix.

It wouldn't surprise me that if your boiler breaks down, BG will find some problem that isn't covered under the policy.

I never buy anything that has British in the name unless there is no alternative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...