Carpets

Range

Looking to put new carpets in a BTL. 3 bed semi aimed at families. I know this questions is often asked but looking for an update from members on what they would recommend/price/colour etc. Mocha with flecks I've read elsewhere!Thinking of tiling kitchen instead of lino.

I find a that midpriced carpet in neutral colours with any money saved invested in a good quality carpet cleaning machine provides the most cost effective expenditure on flooring.

Sometimes it can just be down to good luck......10 years + ago I bought a small flat with what I would describe as a totally unsuitable light cream carpet. I expected to replace the carpet after 6 months but 10+ years later its still there having been cleaned many many times.

Try looking at the new 100% synthetics (I got for 6.99 p/sq m). They clean easily, pile does not go flat and they do not stretch as some do when cleaned. I was so impressed I've had my own place done in it. The brand I used had several neutral shades - including that flecked one.

For kithchens and bathrooms I still favour sheet vinyl. Keeps water off the boards, relatively cheap to replace - don't get the thick ones as they can get' punctured'. B&Q and cheap carpet shops have off cuts if room is small. I just go a piece 2.2m X1.5M to do a bathroom for £43 - looks stunning.

Mortitia

Archived