rentsure: silver rent & legal protection insurance

mikmac

Hello i'm yet another newbie landlord taking tentitve steps into this seemingly daunting world of 'buy to let'. Basically i have had for 3 to 4 years a property i let to a family relative so haven't had to employ the services of a letting agent. I've now purchased a second property with the intention to let out in the 'real world' i've decided i'm not yet ready to deal with the tenants so have opted for a fully managed package with the local Reeds rains agents,they have offered me a rentsure silver rent and legal protection insurance managed & rent collection service @ 12% this covers according to the paperwork : legal fees to obtain legal possession & eviction of squatters and a rent guarantee scheme. Now to me this seems a great deal removing any hassle's i can think of. my question(after all my waffling)is anyone used/using this type of plan and is it as 'good as it sounds'

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I'm a newbie on here too! But I've been renting out what was my old house for a couple of years now, and have always done the "fully managed" package with my agents.

Thankfully, so far so good, haven't had any major problems at all, in fact all the tenants so far have been pretty good, thank God!

I guess like all types of insurance though, you only get to find out how good they are when you actually need to make a claim.

Archived