Unlawful Eviction

Guest caravanj

Guest caravanj

The UK's rental property laws must make us the laughing-stock of the world!!

The link below which covers illegal eviction more or less states that no matter who's in your house or how they got there, you can't force them out!!!!!!!!!!!

My tenant is in prison for 2 years but because his stuff is still in my property the law says he's shown an intention to return.

Unbelievable!!!!!!

http://www.pims.co.u...ictionof-Tenant

Some years ago a council, Wandsworth I think, knowing their T was doing 5 years for sex offences, took possession of their property.

I would guess that as the property was no longer his primary residence they had just cause.

The serving convict got legal aid to sue the council for illegal eviction.

There were no criminal proceedings here which could have fined the council £5,000 max, as for the 6 months in jail that would be interesting to see how the Magistrate would accomplish that.

The damages would amaze you, I don't intend to divulge on an open forum for any corrupt git to design for their own advantage.

More recently I have been aware of greatly reduced awards for illegal eviction, but I would still say be very careful to avoid the resultant crap from any such action.

S21, be sure all is correct, let the process run it's course.

Guest caravanj

Some years ago a council, Wandsworth I think, knowing their T was doing 5 years for sex offences, took possession of their property.

I would guess that as the property was no longer his primary residence they had just cause.

The serving convict got legal aid to sue the council for illegal eviction.

There were no criminal proceedings here which could have fined the council £5,000 max, as for the 6 months in jail that would be interesting to see how the Magistrate would accomplish that.

The damages would amaze you, I don't intend to divulge on an open forum for any corrupt git to design for their own advantage.

More recently I have been aware of greatly reduced awards for illegal eviction, but I would still say be very careful to avoid the resultant crap from any such action.

S21, be sure all is correct, let the process run it's course.

Yes which why I'm getting the Section 21 done for me.

But as with everything in life the T will ultimately pay the price when he comes out.

Archived